2. How can college and university education be better designed to ensure student success? Who has the responsibility for learning? What do you perceive to be wrong with methods used to educate students at the advanced (college and university) level? What methods should be discarded? What should replace them? What is being taught that is wrong? What should be taught instead?
• PBS Documentary, “Declining by Degrees”
• Benjamin R. Barber, “America Skips School”
• Caroline Bird, “Where College Fails Us”
• Robert Oliphant, “Letter to a B Student”
• Earl Shorris, “On the Uses of a Liberal Education as a Weapon in the Hands of the Restless Poor”