Complete the Implicit Association Tests for Gender – Career IAT and RACE IAT from
- Implicit Harvard
- Watch: Dateline NBC: Psychological Dispositions in Black & White
- Watch: Scientific American Frontiers: The Hidden Prejudice
Read the following 3 articles/perspectives
- Test Yourself for Hidden Bias
- What is Blink About?
- The IAT: Questions of Reliability and Validity
- Hidden Gender Bias in the Workplace
Answer the following questions. Make sure to apply consumer behavior concepts to this assignment.
- What did these tests teach you about yourself in terms of your perceptions, conscious and unconscious beliefs? Did you agree with the results (why or why not)?
- Gladwell argues that marketing research techniques like focus groups are not effective because we usually react to products quickly and without much conscious thought. So, it’s better to solicit consumers’ first impressions rather than getting them to think at length about why they buy. What is your position on this issue?
- Provide an example of a marketing organization that presents negative images of race and one that presents positive images of race. Provide an example of a marketing organization that presents negative images of and gender and one that presents positive images of gender. How do marketing efforts influence people?